Construction and Municipal Codes
Get information about construction and municipal codes in Morris County.
Contact your local construction official or building inspector if you have questions about permits and code.
The International Code Council sells the latest codes NJ has adopted. MCL has these and a collection of older codes adopted in NJ, which can be invaluable information for people with homes built or remodeled in the past.
NJ Division of Codes and Standards. Their website contains several useful links, including:
- Uniform Construction Code.
- Code Assistance Unit. Code assistance to homeowners, builders/contractors, design professionals, code officials as well as any other interested parties.
- Codes & Regulations. Several in read only format.
- Construction Code Communicator. A newsletter which also includes helpful code explanations.
- Publications. Boarding house safety, carnival rides, asbestos abatement, lead safety, etc.
- Rule Proposals and Notices of Adoption.
Model Code Adoptions. Table of codes adopted since 1975 and their effective dates.
Morris County Municipal Master Plans and Ordinances/Development Regulations. Local ordinances may affect construction projects. Current editions of local ordinances are also available in municipal offices or local libraries.
Additionally, Morris County Library owns the following municipal codes. Please note the most current municipal codes will be online.