If you're hard of hearing, vision-impaired, or otherwise disabled, the Morris County Library has resources to provide for your needs.
You'll need an access card to use the library’s accessible entrance. The entrance is on the eastern (right) side of the front of the library, next to eight accessible parking spots. Ring the bell if your card doesn't open the door!
You can get an access card at the Circulation Desk, on the first floor of the library near the main entrance. Bring a valid, wallet-sized State of New Jersey disability ID card to get your access card. (A library card is not required.)
The first access card is free. If you need a replacement, your next card will cost $5.00.
For more information, please contact the Circulation Department at 973-285-6930.
Library services include:
- Optelec Enlarger
- Perkins Brailler
- Computer station with Jaws software installed
- Large Type Print Books
- Audio Materials
- Braille Books
Also, we're a designated Service Center for the New Jersey State Library Talking Book and Braille Center.
New Jersey State Library Talking Book and Braille Center Services Include:
Apply for New Jersey State Library services by filling out their application.
You will need to have your personal physician certify that you are eligible for this service.
Morris County Library is a regional Deaf Resource Center.
- VHS Videos
- The Northwest Jersey Association of the Deaf, Inc (NWJAD) and the Higgs Family Foundation have donated the ASL Access Video Collection of 200 videos to our library.
- The Clifford R. Rowley ASL Video Collection, now held in only two other public libraries in the country, includes children’s stories, original ASL poetry, comedy, drama, translations of classic literature, biographies and ASL instruction films. The collection honors Cliff Rowley for his strong leadership and volunteer work in establishing programs and services for the deaf.
- Hardware for the Hearing and Visually Impaired
- closed caption decoders
- comtex wireless auditory assistance kit
- conference microphones
- hearing helper personal FM systems
- listen-aiders (amplification units)
- microloop assistive-listening system
- Perkins brailler (braille typewriter)
- personal PA value pack systems
- pocket talkers (personal amplifiers)
- portable phone amplifier
- TTY units
We have two delivery services, when getting to the library is difficult:
If you're having an accessibility-related issue at the library, let us know.
- For hardware-related issues (assistive listening devices), call 973-285-6979.
- For issues related to the Deaf Resource Center, NJ State Library Talking Book & Braille Center, Libraries-By-Mail, or Adult Care Center Deliveries, call 973-285-6970.
- If you'd rather send us an email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.